Monday, May 11, 2009

Apology

I entertain in the silence of nights,
The demons from yesteryears.
I chat up my with dishonor,
Listening to its rotten ridicule;

Time has passed by,
So has our timeless naivety.
Our spirits have bloomed,
In tune with these varying seasons.

I wish I were a wise octopus,
That could flee from unforgiving fret.
That would change colors to pale,
And run away from foes like this ‘baggage’.

I fail now looking for the right words,
That could knit back the torn.
That could kill the nameless pain,
Of lifeless times.
That could warm your heart,
And bring cheer, my childlike man.

I hope to find a way to plea,
Some way to unsay the spoken.
Erase that moment from past,
And protect your naked hurt.

My glass threads words,
And the world knows its long detours.
Unforgivable my morbid err;
Unconvincing my imperfection’s excuse;
Invincible my remorse for my shallow.

My murkiest guilt,
And this blatant egotism,
Fought many wars.
Your manly realism
And this shy vulnerability,
Fought many wars.

I asked no apology,
You granted none.

But let us change this fate.
My fondness like light,
Lights up bright this day;
Hoping to burn my sin,
In wild forest fire.

Will your grace like the Sun,
That offers light every night,
To the dainty proud moon,
Forgive and forget?

2 comments:

gP said...

as beautiful as ever. but i keep seeing a tragic existence in most epic writes. i dont know why.

Sindhuja Parthasarathy said...

Thankyou Ghost. Tragic? Epic? Will chat up on gtalk to discuss this in detail :)

Btw, the poetry solved its purpose, he accepted the apology :)